This course builds on your existing UX design knowledge and skills to focus on mobile design.
Ideally, you will have some Web or UX design skills as well as a working knowledge of Sketch app. As a guide, please view the course outline for UXD101: UX Design Fundamentals using Sketch for an overview of the required knowledge prior to doing this advanced UX course.
You will learn key concepts and skills such as responsive design, mobile-first principles, and best practice for mobile design.
1-day intensive (offered on weekdays, Saturdays or across several evenings)
You will learn
- Mobile Interaction design principles and designing for optimal usability.
- Designing for context: The enablers and constraints of mobile design.
- Mobile design patterns consistency and usability.
- The Grid system for responsive design.
- Applying C.R.A.P (Contrast, Repetition, Alignment, Proximity) to UX design.
- Theory and techniques for maximising visual affordance in UX Design.
- Common mobile and touch screen navigation design patterns.
- Common Mobile Home, Landing page, List (category) page and detail page design.
- Device specificity and design: An overview of iOS Vs Android design guidelines.
- Paper prototyping for mobile.
- Designing with gestures, animations and transitions.
- Throughout this course, you will be learning how to use Sketch App to create your wireframes and view ‘on-device’.
Coffee, tea and refreshments provided.
What our past attendees say
“Mike is an outstanding lecturer. Every lecture was hands on – class participation is what Mike’s classes were all about. More often than not, real life scenarios were explained and broken down by Mike to help us understand concepts – his wealth of industry experience is clear when he teaches.”