This course introduces Sketch App and covers the basics of creating a low-fidelity wireframes in Sketch, right through to basic clickable prototypes. The course is ideal for anyone looking to quickly gain a working knowledge of Sketch as well as learning the best practices and techniques for greyscale, high-fidelity wireframe design.
1-day intensive (offered on weekdays, Saturdays or across several evenings)
You will learn
- Overview of the Sketch app workspace
- Artboards and Pages
- Essential Keyboard-shortcuts for rapid wireframing
- Using Layouts and Grids for responsive design
- Working with Sketch Templates and Libraries
- Practical techniques for working with Styled Text
- Getting to know Shapes
- Low and High-Fidelity wireframe design using Sketch.
- Designing standard UX patterns in Sketch – Home, List and Detail page wireframes
- Using Symbols for reusable design assets
- Patterns for navigation design.
- Using Sketch for UX communication artefacts such as sitemaps and user flows
- Techniques for applying texture and opacity for common wireframe patterns
- Icon creation and the use of Sketch as a vector tool
- “Developer-friendly” exporting practices
- How to create clickable prototypes from your designs
- Basic clickable prototypes using Sketch and InVision
Coffee, tea and refreshments provided.
What our past attendees say:
“Mike is an outstanding lecturer. Every lecture was hands on – class participation is what Mike’s classes were all about. More often than not, real life scenarios were explained and broken down by Mike to help us understand concepts – his wealth of industry experience is clear when he teaches.”