This course teaches the fundamentals of Sketch App, which is fast becoming the tool-of-choice among UX designers around the world.
It covers the basics of creating low and high-fidelity wireframes, re-using design assets and libraries for rapid design, right through to building basic clickable prototypes.
The course is ideal for anyone looking to quickly gain a working knowledge of Sketch as well as learning the UX Design best practices and techniques for creating high-fidelity greyscale wireframes.
You will learn
- Overview of the Sketch app workspace
- Artboards and Pages
- Essential Keyboard-shortcuts for rapid wireframing
- Using Layouts and Grids for responsive design
- Working with Sketch Templates and Libraries
- Practical techniques for working with Styled Text
- Getting to know Shapes
- Low and High-Fidelity wireframe design using Sketch.
- Designing standard UX patterns in Sketch – Home, List and Detail page wireframes
- Using Symbols for reusable design assets
- Patterns for navigation design.
- Using Sketch for UX communication artefacts such as sitemaps and user flows
- Techniques for applying texture and opacity for common wireframe patterns
- Icon creation and the use of Sketch as a vector tool
- “Developer-friendly” exporting practices
- Sharing designs and libraries using Sketch Cloud
- Clickable prototypes using Sketch and InVision
Coffee, tea and refreshments provided.
What our past attendees say:
“Mike is an outstanding lecturer. Every lecture was hands on – class participation is what Mike’s classes were all about. More often than not, real life scenarios were explained and broken down by Mike to help us understand concepts – his wealth of industry experience is clear when he teaches.”