This course covers the design theory and principles for creating rich, beautiful and engaging digital mockups.
You will learn about the primary elements of visual design (colour, typography and imagery) and how visual design completes the UI design process that begins with low and high-fidelity grayscale wireframes.
In applying this learning, you will be using Sketch app to create your branded mockups from a set of pre-defined grayscale wireframes.
This is course is ideal for those who are new to visual design, with some existing skills in either designing wireframes or developing Web or App based interfaces and would like to begin designing professional and branded UI mockups.
Students who are new to UX design should undertake UXD101 UX Design Fundamentals using Sketch prior to registering for this course.
1-day intensive (offered on weekdays, Saturdays or across several evenings)
You will learn
- The primary elements of visual design (colour, typography, and imagery)
- The Grid system for visual design.
- Applying C.R.A.P (Contrast, Repetition, Alignment, Proximity) to visual design. Designing a colour scheme for your digital brand.
- Learn about and apply typography for the Web.
- Critique of common visual design patterns.
- Using Sketch App to create UI mockups.
- The usability Colour and typography:
- WCAG 2 Accessibility guidelines and its importance in selecting colour and typography.
Coffee, tea and refreshments provided.
What our past attendees say
“Mike’s teaching was exceptional; sharing a wealth of knowledge of UX design and the industry. He personally took the time with each of us individually to make sure we were getting the most out of the course and that the content was applicable to our workplace or relevant projects.”